Monday, December 29, 2008

Wrapping Up The Year



I figured that since today is a good day (meaning I'm not alternating from a flat on my back position to that of peering into one of our two porcelain thrones) I should take a moment and write one more time this year. We lead pretty mundane lives so I don't know that there will be anything to write about until after New Year's Eve.

Anyways, we had a great Christmas. AJ and I stayed home here in Pocatello this year. It was nice to not have to worry about travel plans, especially with my daily hormone/health fluctuations. Luckily, by Christmas Eve I was feeling better from the flu I'd had a couple days before. We were awakened by a text message from AJ's best friend, informing us his very pregnant wife had just gone into labor. They welcomed their little Christmas gift later that afternoon. We are so excited for them, congratulations you guys.

AJ and I splurged on a nice dinner of salmon, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. It doesn't sound super glamorous (especially when I tell you the corn was out of a can...) but AJ worked his magic on the grill and the salmon was delicious. I boiled and mashed the potatoes and opened and microwaved the corn. But AJ did pretty much everything else. He has been so good to help with things. Our house in by no means spotless (and sometimes I can't even say clean) but I don't know what I'd do with out him. After dinner we cleaned up the dishes and spent the rest of the evening/night watching tv and movies together. Just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

We slept in Christmas morning, figuring it will probably be the one Christmas morning we get to sleep in for a long time. We'd been slowly beginning to stir when AJ's phone went off once again. It was his sister calling to gloat about her new camera. =] We were very excited for her, it's a very nice camera. After AJ talked to her for a little while we decided it was time to return to the land of the living and get something for our hungry little tummies.

We opened our stockings and cut up the apples and oranges we got for breakfast. We munched on that and began with the gifts under the tree. AJ got some games and some movies, although his favorite was the ABC book I made him. AJ gave me a few pregnancy appropriate things and some jewelry. We watched Dr Suess' How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey... AJ had never seen it. We watched a couple other movies and things. At 5 o'clock we went to dinner at AJ's brother's house. It was delicious and we thank them for their hospitality. We spent the evening with them and when we finally returned home, we opted to finish a movie we'd previously started.

We spent the rest of the weekend together just hanging out and relaxing. We got together with some friends on Saturday night and played games. It was a fun night that went much later than any of us had anticipated. We ended up making a right-before-midnight run to Wal-Mart for some food. I've had salt and fresh fruit cravings with this pregnancy. Which isn't all bad... I've almost completely lost my sweet tooth.

Sunday was a rough day. I woke up with a real bad headache and knew that I wasn't gonna make it to church. AJ brought me some water and a yummy apple and i went back to sleep. Unfortunately, I had my headache all day yesterday and nothing really helped. I spent a lot of the day with my eyes closed, although not necessarily in sleep.

Today, has been a good day. AJ came home about 10am this morning... they had no water, no power, no heat and no phones or internet at the armory. Since they couldn't do anything today, he came home. It's been warm today and the snow has been melting. There hasn't been a whole lot of road maintenence and the roads are a mess. AJ did have to go back up to work and give the guy on duty a lunch break, but I went up with him and we started watched Kung Fu Panda.

We ran a few errands and then came home for a snack. And a break. Over all it's been a fabulous holiday weekend... And today marks a year from when AJ officially asked me to marry him and he slid this ring on my finger. It seems like only yesterday we met in church. What a year it has been.

We hope every one had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year brings you joy and happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO I'm so so sorry that Kevin woke you up, i suppose it was quite early, we kinda woke up real fast when we realized what was going on! I guess it was probaby about 5:30 or six? Sorry again! Anyway, i'm glad you guys had a great christmas. Oh, and i'll mail that, um, stuff today.

AMY

Tavia said...

Thanks for being excited about my, um...camera. Sorry to wake you up...but wasn't it like 10AM. Who sleeps in that late when it's CHRISTMAS? I know, I'm newlywed, too...but I was still out of bed. I'm only teasing. LOL
If you had to get up early everyday like me...8am would be sleeping in;-)

Swagbucks Widget