
Things are going well. We have a healthy baby. Two arms, two legs, two hands, two feet, eyes, nose, lips, ears and a head are all accounted for.

We even got to see the different chambers in the brain and the four different chambers in the heart and watch it beat. There are two kidneys and a stomach, just like we'd hoped. =] She even showed us the umbilical cord and the blood flow through it. That was kinda neat.
She took measurements and our little bean is right on schedule. She didn't do a length measurement, but AJ had a dream a few weeks ago that it was born 22" long! I'll have those two little feet poking out my throat before it's born! She did get a weight: 8 oz. Which is normal for this far along (18 weeks, by the way).

At the beginning of our appointment the tech was panning back and forth, looking at the baby's position. She'd already asked if we wanted to know gender, to which we had answered, "yes, please." Before the tech could even explain what we were looking at AJ nearly shouted (in excitement, I'm sure), "Hey, it's a boy!" So, Daddy gets a new little buddy and all the subsequent little beans we may have get a big brother. I was slightly disappointed at first that I don't get to buy frilly outfits and play dress up. But, I'm adjusting to the idea that my Mother's Intuition doesn't work... and I'm excited for my little boy.

(If you click on the pictures, it'll make them bigger and you can actually see what everything is. And the labels on the pictures will help...)
3 comments:
Hooray! Now you only have to look at half of the baby book. Congratulations! We're so excited for you!
oh yay!!!! i am so excited for you! boys are just so cute...and less complicated ;)
Yay! I was guessing thats what it would be! AJ needs a boy! Im so happy for you both!
Post a Comment