Yesterday was AJ's 26th birthday. His celebration was actually spread out over a few days. Our San Diego trip was partly for his birthday, partly a second honeymoon, and partly a last hurrah if he has to deploy at the end of this year. Unfortunately, it didn't happen at the most ideal time... we were literally in the middle of moving... but it was nice to have the time together, even if we were both a little more stressed than we would have liked to have been. We promised we would get back there within a year though, hopefully with a little more money to do the things we had originally planned before AJ lost his job. San Diego is a fantastic vacation spot for military families!
I made AJ a cake... well, 54 of them actually. Cupcakes that is. I wanted to try my hand at some decorating. It was fun, but a lot of work... I literally spent all day baking, creating and decorating.

Aeral view, sans fake candles.

Profile view with fake candles.

This might seem a little girly, but when I thought of it I was thinking Spring-y... not girly.

Sunflowers are 'our flower'... so this had a little significance to it... plus, AJ wanted the Oreos.

All the candles lit. I couldn't have planned it better, every single cupcake had a candle in it, be it fake or real... except the cupcakes with the writing on them.
We ate the cupcakes Wednesday. I had made them Tuesday, with the intention of celebrating them because my mom, grandma and aunt were leaving the next day for the weekend. I didn't get decorating the cupcakes til rather late and at that point no one wanted cake. We thought about waiting til Thursday, but the 'cake itch' had set in and just looking at them was rather torturous. So, we gave in.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!
I love you!
1 comment:
Your cupcakes are AWESOME! I can tell you spent all day decorating and creating...but it would have taken me even longer (just the planning of the colors and candies alone). Happy B-Day, AJ!
Post a Comment