We were able to attend a family reunion on my mom's side for Thanksgiving this year. It was good to see all the Arizona family again... and of course everybody else too... but we don't see the Arizonians very often. It was also VERY nice to get out of the cold weather. We were wearing shorts and t-shirts! It was amazing.
AJ came home from work about noon on Tuesday and we packed up and drove all night... ok, more accurately AJ drove all night (after catching a few hours of sleep after work) and Joseph and I slept. Joseph did really well until about 9am and half an hour from our destination. He was getting restless. We finally got there and he was soo excited to get out of that "dumb car seat"... his words, not mine. Hahaha. AJ took a nap and we just relaxed with my mom and sisters and aunt and grandma. Joseph's sleep schedule was all messed up though so he was a little cranky. We went over to a park for a little while and around 4pm, AJ and I went back and started making pizzas for dinner that night. The next few hours consisted of cooking and eating pizza.
We also had to make a run to the store, I'd forgotten a few things and we just couldn't pass up a cranberry slush from Sonic. Thursday consisted of cooking and eating. We also had our auction to raise money for the next reunion, and another run to Sonic. Yum!
Even though it wasn't warm enough to swim, they did.
On Friday, AJ made a Black Friday run to get one of my Christmas gifts... yes, I know what it is and yes, I've already used it. That doesn't make it mean any less and it still completely qualifies as a Christmas gift. We were able to attend a temple session with my mom and dad in Mesa. It was nice and definitely less stressful for me to have my mom there. Going to the temple probably shouldn't be stressful; but, for me, it is. I know, the only way to make that go away is to go. Irony... gotta love it.
My adorable little sisters...
Family Photo. Missing our Missionary Andrew!
24 1/2 years... still going strong.
Cute Miss Kaiti. Ask her how cold the water was...
Kimme... I can't believe how grown up she looks... makes me feel old.
After our temple session we took some family photos and then I took some pictures for my sister. Hopefully, they turn out fantastic and she can use some for her senior photos in her graduation announcements next year if she wants to. We then had dinner and a movie night at my cousin's house.We left Saturday morning early and made it as far as Panguitch, UT when we decided to stop. It was snowing, the roads were yucky and we were all tired and tired of sitting in the car. We all ended up taking a two-hour nap and AJ went back to sleep after that while I attended to our night owl... We made our way back north on Sunday and finally to our house and our nice, soft bed. It was a quick trip, a long trip, but a fun trip. And we were soo glad to be back home. Although, I could have done without all the cold we've had lately...
No comments:
Post a Comment