Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Week in Review

So, not a whole lot to update. I'll be quick. AJ and I were sealed in the Logan, UT temple last Saturday. And then Joseph was sealed to us. It was a long and tiring day, but a wonderful day nonetheless. We are so grateful for all the support and for the family and friends that made the effort to show up after such short notice. Thank you for your efforts and for sharing that special day with us. After our sealing, AJ was able to bless Joseph at a near-by ward building. That was really neat.


The Boys... and Joseph's Blessing Circle


My sister-in-law and her brand-new little girl...
she's even younger than Joseph!

AJ has been working days this past week. Our schedules and biological clocks are so messed up right now, we've been flipping back and forth between a night schedule and a day one... but it's worth being able to spend some time together as a family. We were also able to spend some more time with Grandma and Grandpa Wolff. They came back to Pocatello on Sunday night and didn't leave til Wednesday morning. We were able to go up to Blackfoot on Monday and spend some time at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. It was good to get to see them again before they headed back North.

AJ had drill this weekend. I won't lie, I'm getting tired of this whole Army life. Too bad, so sad for me... because we have 5 more years of it! I'm tired of only seeing my husband for a couple hours a day, if I'm lucky, and then the first weekend he gets off work in like a month he has drill! The Army always finds a way to ruin things it seems. If he were looking to join now, I probably would let him... only because if you haven't lived the life of an army wife you don't have any idea what it's like. One weekend a month and two weeks a year doesn't sound that bad... but that's not reality. But, you better believe AJ won't be re-upping when his contract is up. =] That's not just my opinion though. If he REALLY wanted to... I'd let him, I just wouldn't be happy about it.

Joseph is still growing like crazy. He now eats about 4 ounces every couple hours. And when he's really hungry... oh, goodness! This boy will eat us out of house and home long before he hits his teenage years. We better start saving up for his monthly grocery bills! He is finally fitting into some of his newborn size clothes, Which is nice, because now he has more than two outfits and I'm not doing his laundry every day! I can't believe he is already a month and a half old! He is growing up so fast!


Joseph... One month old.


Joseph being silly... he's almost smiling. =]


Joseph at 6 1/2 weeks old. It was nap time... see those tired eyes?


Told ya so... =]


My little monkey... he's so good. He puts up with all of Mom's craziness.



I love to play with my boy; but, as every mom knows, there is still nothing more
precious than a sleeping baby.

No comments:

Swagbucks Widget