Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a... BABY!

So, I was going to let AJ blog about this, but he didn't, so it's a simple case of "you snooze, i win." =]

We had our first appointment with the doctor last week. She was great and I think I'm really going to like her. We got there, signed in, got called back to the exam room and while I took my usual trip to the bathroom with the little cup they give you our Dr was called to go deliver a baby. I came back to the room, AJ told me what happened and I figured we'd be there for a while and then have to reschedule. Surprise number one: we were gonna be seen before she left! Yay! Well, on top of all the fun tests and garbage they do, surprise number two: we got our first ultrasound. It was a quick one (she did have slightly more pressing places to be) but there really is a baby in there. And there really is just one baby in there. =] It was really neat to get to see it though. She tried to get a peek between the little bean's legs, but no such luck, so we still don't know a gender. She let us listen to the heartbeat too. That was neat too.

baby's head and back, visible spine


And I fell in love with my husband all over again. He had the most adorable grin from ear to ear the second the doctor started pointing out the baby. And it didn't leave his face all day. He's totally excited to be a dad. He's gonna be so good at it. He even broke down before I did and bought the first item of baby apparel the two of us have purchased. It was a cute little onesie that says "mommy's little jelly bean" (very appropriate since I call it a bean all the time). He'll be such an awesome dad and I'm so excited.

Our bean was so funny. Apparently, it's quite the active bean... does that make it a jumping bean? Hmmm. Anyway, when the doctor first started doing the ultrasound it had it's hand on it's forehead like a little damsel in distress and when the doctor kept pushing the little bean pushed back! I think we're gonna have our hands full with this one. We got some good pictures though. AJ thinks this one looks like it's saying "I Love You" in sign language with the hand at the bottom of the picture. It kinda does, and as doting parents, we're gonna keep thinking that.

our little drama baby

Surprise number three: we scheduled our big ultrasound before we left the office. They wanted it about two weeks out, but let us push it out another week so AJ could go too. So, hopefully in about two weeks we'll be able to know whether we should be buying dresses or shorts and pink or blue.

the last picture explained for those of us who aren't ultrasound techs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I cant wait to make you a hooter hider. -AMY

Tavia said...

That's so EXCITING! I can't believe you already had an ultrasound and now you're going to know the gender really soon, too. Keep us posted...I like the little bean already.

Swagbucks Widget